Happy 4th of July! Summer has officially hit in the Valley and we had our first really hot weekend for July 4th. We didn't let that stop us though as we embarked on a parade in our friend's neighborhood and then came home for naps to rest before an afternoon/evening BBQ. It's about this time every year we question why we don't have a pool. Ella is starting to swim (or splash and kick really) at our gym pool and she loves it. Dean is trying to stay cool despite his chubby little rolls and our "on the go" lifestyle. He's laughing now which is so fun and loves to chat. He likes to be held a lot more than Ella so the Baby Bjorn has become our new best friend. They're starting to coordinate their naps in the middle of the day and he's sleeping well in his crib so mommy gets an hour and a half break or so which is nice. Ella is chatting up a storm now that she figured out people understand her when she talks so she just won't stop. Between him cooing all the time and her talking I think we're going to have some social butterflies on our hands. Hmm, which parent do you think they got that from? Ella also had a huge milestone the other day when she went "pee pee" in the little potty. Jake and I have not been pushing this at all, but she saw her friend go on the big girl potty at our house and she wanted to be like her. She just said "mommy potty" and so I let her give it a try and both her and I were shocked to discover she did it! We'll see where it goes from here but at 22 months I'm pretty proud of my little girl. We've got lots of fun summer plans coming up with the next week in Danville then Daddy is taking vacation for a week and we'll embark on some fun family adventures. I've posted the new monthly photos for anyone interested as well.
Monday, July 5, 2010
Happy 4th of July!
Happy 4th of July! Summer has officially hit in the Valley and we had our first really hot weekend for July 4th. We didn't let that stop us though as we embarked on a parade in our friend's neighborhood and then came home for naps to rest before an afternoon/evening BBQ. It's about this time every year we question why we don't have a pool. Ella is starting to swim (or splash and kick really) at our gym pool and she loves it. Dean is trying to stay cool despite his chubby little rolls and our "on the go" lifestyle. He's laughing now which is so fun and loves to chat. He likes to be held a lot more than Ella so the Baby Bjorn has become our new best friend. They're starting to coordinate their naps in the middle of the day and he's sleeping well in his crib so mommy gets an hour and a half break or so which is nice. Ella is chatting up a storm now that she figured out people understand her when she talks so she just won't stop. Between him cooing all the time and her talking I think we're going to have some social butterflies on our hands. Hmm, which parent do you think they got that from? Ella also had a huge milestone the other day when she went "pee pee" in the little potty. Jake and I have not been pushing this at all, but she saw her friend go on the big girl potty at our house and she wanted to be like her. She just said "mommy potty" and so I let her give it a try and both her and I were shocked to discover she did it! We'll see where it goes from here but at 22 months I'm pretty proud of my little girl. We've got lots of fun summer plans coming up with the next week in Danville then Daddy is taking vacation for a week and we'll embark on some fun family adventures. I've posted the new monthly photos for anyone interested as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment